Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The Difference a Day Makes

What a Difference a Day Makes


Everyone relaxing Christmas morn.

The beginning of the gifts, the gift bags, the tissue, bows and cards strewn everywhere. 

The results were wonderful.  Smiles, laughs, delight.


Yes, even the Buns has to get involved in the giving of Christmas. 


Have I mentioned how much our family loves to lounge in pajamas.
No, really.  For long periods of time.   
Why, we would have never gotten out of our PJs...

...had it not been that we were celebrating Christmas dinner
at my sister's and brother-in-law's. 
They always provide the most beautiful settings, 
fabulous food and
great drinks, I mean, beverages.


Cambria read from Luke about the angels announcement and 
the humbling birth of Jesus in a manger.


This year Brenes debuted, reading a story about 'The Baby Jesus'.
My sister, Regina, cried and cried from pride and wonderment.
I cried with her.


Then Chase read a poem about family.
Then he read something he wrote to his very special girlfriend.
We love her.


Then, he got down on one knee...
and...
She said, "Yes".
How many parents get to watch their son propose to his future wife?
I mean, in the flesh? 

Notice my mom is tearing, Regina is tearing and if you could see me,
I was teary-eyed too, so were Colson and Cassidy.
Clay... not so much.

Some of the women of the Merritt clan.
Soon, she'll be joining us.  
We're so happy and thrilled.

Well, this was a great day on and away from Whippoorwill Road.
Hope yours was great too.
Love, Bernadine

No comments:

Post a Comment