Monday, September 24, 2012

Meeting the Future In Laws and a Very Interesting Room

Our eldest son visited this weekend.   

His wonderful fiancé did too.

We drove to Atlanta to meet her parents.  Just next to the restaurant we were meeting, there was this gentleman, enjoying his brunch.  Picture perfect southernness!

We had a fabulous time.  Her dad is a chemist and potter.  Her step mom is an anthropologist/psychologist and sculpts. Very interest people.

After we said our goodbye's, He-Man, Smarty Girl and I stopped into an antique store called "Paris on Ponce".  The antique store was interesting but inside the store, was an area that was so unexpected, so surprising, it was like we stumbled into different world. 
Say hello to "The Moulin Rouge"!

It's an event and party room they rent out.  

This large room is over the top in decor.  The mannequin on top of this seating area is intersting.

I had to use the flash here.  It takes away from the mystique.


It's red, it's dark, it has a stage for performances, it's fabulous!   Smarty Girl and I enjoyed the serendipity immensely.  He-Man couldn't take the red lights, the decor... He stepped out rather quickly, back into the antique store and waited for us to reappear.  
I noticed several men did the same thing while their wives strolled around oh-ing and ah-ing.  I wondered why?

Maybe too much 
Ohh la la...?
love,
Bernadine

16 comments:

  1. lol!

    congrats on the new in-law meeting. i do like the southern gent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was very picturesque. Truly a southern scene if I ever saw one.

      Delete
  2. How funny the menfolk weren't interested. Looks like an interesting place. And it sounds like you had a wonderful time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a very creative space. I bet half the fun of any party held there comes from the decorations and theme. The men were funny though. They would stand at the entrance, look briefly around, then leave. The women, on the other hand, walked the entire room, sat on the different sofa's and looked at everything.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations on your son's happiness! It looks like he found a perfect partner!! :-)
    LOVE the red-room! LOL It is so unique, I would love to peek in at the types of events that would be in a room like that....I bet they are lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could take better photos and capture the ambience exactly. Oh well. It was a great find. Someone had loads of fun decorating that place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, Bernadine! Hubby and I were just there last spring and I took a lot of pictures too. I love that room, so unique. I guess they rent it out to parties. I enjoyed the antique shop too. Congrats on your son's engagement. What a lovely couple!....Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wasn't that a fun room? I'm so glad you experienced it too! What was your husband's reaction?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bernadine-
    This is a somewhat rambling of a comment, as I've been reading your blog regularly.
    First of all your son and fiance are adorable. Your mushrooms are fascinating. The botanical gardens in Georgia are beautiful. I'm totally loving the Christmas Tree store in New England, wow- that furniture is so darned cute, and affordable too. Not too mention they also have Polish Pottery, of which I am a big fan of. Love Normal Rockwell, his portrayal of American Life is so heart touching. Oh - and the Brimfield Fair- can i just say jealous.... what I would't give to go there for some shopping and inspiration.
    Thanks for letting me join in on your journeys.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Becka, you are too funny! Thanks for the very nice "ramblings". I'm so glad you stop by and visit. It means a lot to me. I love your blog as well and I always learn something and get inspired to try something new. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That southern gentlemen reminds me of the old lawyer in that movie Sweet Home Alabama. The one trying to get Reese Witherspoon to sign her divorce papers. Looks like your son has found a good one, congrats to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yes! They are similar. Love that movie. By the way, congratulations on the new home. I love the aerial shots.

      Delete
  10. What a handsome family you are!!
    I remember those days of meeting the family of your children's intended! What a great time of life!
    I'm not at all sure why men don't really care for places like that. I know they can get easily overwhelmed in places like that. Are you all ready for Fall?
    Hugs!
    Mona

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Mona, NO! I'm not ready for fall at all. Mentally, I'm still back in July! I can't believe it's almost October either! Your fall mantle display did bring me back to reality though. I loved it.

      Delete
  11. I'm drooling over your built in book shelves in the first picture. I've always wanted to be a potter. Maybe I'll take a class sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you, Pamela. I appreciate you looking at my humble post and taking the time to comment. I probably need to thin out a lot of stuff that's in the cabinets below. I've always wanted to be an artist and I'm thinking of taking up a painting class. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete