Saturday, April 14, 2012

The Empty Nest

  
Lately, there's quite a few empty nests around here.
Found this one in a bush.  
Love how it's decorated with a splash of blue.

I found this empty nest on the ground while watering the garden.
I brought it inside.  
I love looking at these things.  Each one is a marvel of architecture to me.  

And I'm pretty sure this one is now empty.  
Haven't seen the devoted mom in several days.  
I hope she was successful at raising her brood.


 One day, we'll have an empty nest too.  
As I look back to see how fast our two youngest have grown, I realize it's it's just a matter of time.


And then, we'll visit them
and eat their food,
and not have to clean the house,
they'll drive us around,
and pay for our entertainment
and make sure we have everything we need...
I look forward to that day on
Whippoorwill Road. 
hahahaha
Bernadine

2 comments: